California School Garden Network
A collaboration of educational, health, government and agricultural organizations, both public and private, with the common vision of creating and sustaining school gardens to enhance:
- Academic achievement
- A healthy lifestyle
- Environmental Stewardship
- Community and social development
Resources offered by CSGN
CSGN.org- the one stop shop for school garden information and resources, including: funding, planting guides, lesson plans, special discounts, research, training opportunities and training guides, event calendar and timely additions, such as the School Garden Week Toolkit.
- Gardens for Learning- a useful guidebook available for download free of charge
- "Sowing and Growing"- a monthly newsletter highlighting new resources, funding opportunities and events
- Regional Chapters- CSGN regional chapters are available throughout tthe state. These meetings support the work of school gardeners while addressing issues of local importance. These groups work on funding, local policy, training, curriculum, etc.